Cannaregio is one of the six historic sestiere (districts) of Venice. More of the permanent population of Venice lives in Cannaregio than in any other sestiere; we find it unaffected, friendly and vibrant. This page contains some short photo slideshows (click any image to begin), pictures that will give you a flavour of Cannaregio.
There are grand and wide vistas to be found on the grand Cannaregio Canal, and out towards the lagoon (click a photo to begin):
In other places around our properties, you will find more of the local colour and tiny details to catch your eye, in intricate, meandering back streets and quaysides (click a photo to begin):
- “It is in real Venice, easy to lose the tourists, you almost feel like a local. Wander to the edge of The Cannaregio canal and look out onto the lagoon and the mountains in the distance, magical.”
- “Perfect location – away from the tourist crowds but with all the sights in easy walking distance and water buses on the doorstep.”
- “A fascinating area to wander round, with the historic Ghetto and the northern lagoon both very near.”
- “It’s all close to this flat and while we walked for a long way to explore the canals, buildings, shops and churches, it was never far to return to our haven, sit and watch the water buses, taxis and deliveries on the canal. So much nicer than any road!”
- “The apartment is situated in a quiet area of Venice away from the main tourist drag, but still within easy access of all the main sights.”